TEAM PRIZE STRUCTURE
Team Awards-Prize money will be given to the top 5 open and masters teams (male and female). A trophy will also be awarded to the Champion Nassau team as well as the Champion Suffolk team as determined by the total accumulated points of a team.
*Anyone that wishes to participate in this series must be 16 yrs or older as of 1/1/19 and must be part of a club or team.
All teams must submit rosters for athletes on their team as indicated below.
TEAM COMPETITION RULES :
1. A team is must have at least 8 participating athletes.
2. Categories for team competition are Open M/F (<40), Masters M/F (40-59), Senior Masters M/F (60+)
3. All teams and clubs entering the team competition must submit their roster to Long Island Running Series.
4. A team/club membership roster must be on file with Long Island Running Series. Additions and deletions to the roster may be made during the season by notifying the Long Island Running Series.
5. Only one team per category (Open M/F, Masters M/F, Senior 60+ M/F) will be scored for a club.
6. The Long Island Running Series team scoring will consist of the top 4 open males, 4 open females, 4 masters males and 4 masters females , the top three 60+ males and females. Top 3 in each category for FULL Marathon. There is no limit to the number of people listed on a team. MEN ONLY on a men’s team. WOMEN ONLY on a women’s team. Team scoring will be based on the cumulative gun time (rounded up to the next full second) of the team's scoring members.
7. A competitor cannot compete for more than one club. *UPDATE 01/24/2020* A 120-day waiting period will be enforced when a registered athlete changes teams. The 120 days begins on the date when the athlete requests the change. Team change requests need to be submitted to and Any change requests made before 01/24/2020 will be enforced with the old 90-day rule. *END UPDATE*
8. A masters runner may score on an open team for the entire year if he or she is listed on the roster of that open team OR may compete for an open team for a particular event by submitting written notification at the Long Island Running Series event of their intent to do so at least 15 minutes before the start of the race. Senior Masters can do the same for Master 40-59.
9. A club member who has not been listed on a team roster may be used to fill in on race day if notification is given to a member of the Long Island Running Series Committee at least 15 minutes before the start of an event.
10. Any day of or last minute changes to the roster, meeting the above criteria, should be emailed to the Long Island Running Series scorer:
11. Long Island Running Series team awards are independent of race awards presented at a Long Island Running Series race.
12. Membership on a team shall be subject to the roster submitted to the Long Island Running Series.
13. Athletes must register for races using their name exactly as it appears on their teams roster in order to score.
THE RACES : The Long Island Running Series will begin in January and end in December.
All challenges to race scoring must be made within 30 days of race date.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE : All members of a submitted team roster for the Long Island Running Series are eligible to
participate on an individual basis. New members can begin scoring in the Long Island Running Series once they are added to a
team roster prior to the start of their first race. No retroactive points will be awarded before a current membership was in place.
PARTICIPATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR ATHLETES :
● Individuals AND teams must compete in a minimum of 3 races. For individuals, a maximum of their top 8 races (per county) will be scored and for teams, a maximum of their top 12 races (in total) shall be scored.
● Each athlete’s age as well as their gender as of the first Long Island Running Series event on January 1, 2019 determines the age group and gender for which accumulated points will be awarded.
SCORING: POINTS WILL BE AWARDED TO :
● The top 30 male and female athletes in each of the following categories.
16-19, 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90+
● The top 5 male and female wheelchair athletes in each event.
● Those races that are in Nassau will count towards the Nassau results. Those races that are in Suffolk will count towards the Suffolk results. The Nassau Age Group winners will be comprised of a tally of Nassau race results. The Suffolk Age Group winners will be comprised of a tally of the Suffolk race results.
*Results will be based on participants gun time , which is rounded up to the next full second. Points are the same for both individual and team scoring.
1 - 100 6 - 77 11 - 62 16 - 47 21 - 32 26 - 18
2 - 90 7 - 74 12 - 59 17 - 44 22 - 29 27 - 16
3 - 86 8 - 71 13 - 56 18 - 41 23 - 26 28 - 14
4 - 83 9 - 68 14 - 53 19 - 38 24 - 23 29 - 12
5 - 80 10 - 65 15 - 50 20 - 35 25 - 20 30 - 10
TEAM PRIZE STRUCTURE :
Team Awards - Prize money will be given to the top 5 open and masters teams (male and female). A trophy will also be awarded to the Champion Nassau team as well as the Champion Suffolk team as determined by the total accumulated points of a team.
● Open Teams M/F
● Masters Teams M/F 40-59
● Senior Teams M/F 60+
Individual Awards: Individuals with the highest number of points in their age category will receive awards at year end. Prizes courtesy of the Runner’s Edge (Nassau) and Sayville & Smithtown Running Company (Suffolk), will be given to the top male and female winners in each of the following age groups- 1 for Nassau and 1 for Suffolk: : 16-19, 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; 90+. Other gifts will be awarded to places 2-5 in each category.
Note: Awards are based on the county the race is held in, not where one resides.
RAFFLE : All Long Island Running Series members who participate in a Long Island Running Series race will be eligible to win one of five free entries to the next Long Island Running Series race. The winners will be selected at random from all Long Island Race Series members 16 years of age or older that enter the raffle. Entries are transferable.
*Submitting Team Rosters:
Teams should submit a complete team roster Including:
NAME, AGE, GENDER, Email or Phone for every member
To any one of these emails: , ,